Home / Casino Gaming Division / Human Resources
Casino Gaming Executive Search in Human Resources
We have completed searches for a wide array of Casino Gaming industry clients including:
- Cordish Companies
- Stations Casinos, Inc.
- Penn National
- Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
- Muckleshoot Casino
- Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- Tule River Indian Tribe
- Snoqualmie Tribe
- House Advantage
Examples of Completed Searches
Our Casino Gaming Division placed successful candidates in a variety of key human resource positions. Our placements include positions such as Human Resources Manager, Director of Human Resources, Vice President of Human Resources, Corporate Director of Human Resources, Corporate Vice President of Human Resources, Director of Training and Development, SPHR, and SHRM.
Below is a sampling of completed searches.
Corporate Vice President of Human Resources
We recruited for a successful multiple property casino company located in Nevada. The successful candidate we placed had a proven track record of overseeing all areas within the Human Resources function such as employment (including recruitment strategy implementation), benefit administration, analysis and recommendations, compensation programs, reviews, salary and benefit benchmarking, training, union negotiations, HRIS systems, and recruiting.
Vice President, Human Resources
We completed a search for a casino located in the South, which has 3,000+ slots, 75+ table games and a 500+ room hotel. There are approximately 2,500+ employees with an HR staff of 25. The successful candidate was an executive with at least five years experience as a Director of Human Resources. In addition to all HR functions, including training and risk management, the executive who filled this position also handles wardrobe.
Director of Human Resources
We recruited a candidate for a casino located in the Central US, which has 1,000+ employees and is owned by a large, publicly held gaming company. Responsibilities included: the successful management operation of all fair labor practices, staffing/recruitment, risk management, worker compensation, employee relations, company benefits, employee training, and all company policies and procedures. The placed candidate had a minimum of seven years of human resources experience with three of those years at the Director level.
Qualities of a Great Human Resources Executive
With over 50 years of experience placing casino human resources executives, we know what makes a great leader. Below are some of the qualities and experience we look for:
- The ability to partner with operational leaders in an attempt to create a desired culture which is in sync with company mission, vision, and strategy
- The ability to communicate and create understanding of mission, strategy, and culture within the workforce
- The ability assess the skills, capabilities and aptitude of current supervisors, managers, and leaders within the company and to build training programs that insure the development of future leaders
- Experience in the determination of which employees have the skills, aptitude, and desire to move into other positions with the company
- The ability to recruit and retain top level talent in all disciplines
- Members of SHRM and executives who are SPHR certified