Our client is a privately-held food ingredient distributor operating in California.
Location: Los Angeles, CA (local candidates only please)
The Director of Fine Ingredients Procurement is responsible for developing, sourcing and implementing strategies to procure Food Grade Fine Ingredients materials. Additional responsibilities include the development of risk mitigation, supplier relationship management, strategic sourcing, product management and cost control. This person will work closely with the sales and marketing teams and will research, develop and monitor price-risk strategies. They will also utilize strategic sourcing methodology to develop category strategies, and to source, negotiate and manage suppliers to deliver the lowest total-cost materials and to mitigate supply risks.
- Five + years of successful food grade chemical and specialty ingredient purchasing experience
- Understanding of commodity markets
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA is preferred, but not required
* Great opportunity to join an established and highly-regarded category leader.
* Competitive compensation, bonus and benefits are offered.
|Job Category||Food & Beverage|