Our client is a fast-growing manufacturer of fresh, healthy meals.
Location: Los Angeles, CA (local candidates only)
The R&D Food Technologist will support development of new products and their associated manufacturing SOPs, and develop products for commercialization. In addition, the primary responsibilities include developing product formulas, processing procedures, raw material, and finished good specifications for new innovative products.
He/she will develop SOPs and conduct internal manufacturing process reviews to determine efficacy of SOPs and SOCs for new products, improvements to existing products and equipment. He/she will also create and maintain product specifications for equipment, processes, and testing procedures and will conduct lab experiments, pilot plant and line trials within the manufacturing facility to ensure accuracy of process and quality of product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent with hands-on relevant food industry experience
- Three + years of experience in new food technical product/process development and successful commercialization of new food products required (experience with chilled ready-to-eat products is preferred)
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, quality systems, and USDA/FDA regulations
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in food manufacturing technologies and ingredient/process interactions
* Great opportunity to join a fast-growing and highly-regarded category leader.
* Competitive compensation, bonus and benefits are offered.
|Job Category||Food & Beverage|