Home / Hospitality Division / Operations
Travel and Tourism Executive Search in Operations
Bristol Associates’ Hospitality division recruits for senior and executive management operations positions in the travel and tourism industry. Our practice is led by Senior Vice President Kelly Nelson.
We have completed searches for a wide array of hospitality industry clients including:
- Interstate Hotels
- Benchmark Hospitality
- Sage Hospitality
- Walt Disney Resorts
- American Express
- Royal Carribean
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Travel Impressions
- Tauck Tours
- Carnival Cruises
Examples of Completed Searches
Our Travel and Tourism Division has placed successful candidates in a variety of key operating positions. Our placements include positions such as President, Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Vice President, Vice President, Managing Director, and General Manager.
Below is a sampling of completed searches.
Our client is the North American subsidiary of a large multi-national tour company with multiple brands and destinations. They retained us to lead the search for the President of their youth travel division. A strong understanding of the demographics and psychographics of young adults 18-35 were required.
Chief Operating Officer
Our client, located in the Eastern United States, operates a consortium of leading leisure travel agents. They asked us to identify top industry talent for this highly visible position. The Chief Operating Officer reports to a Governing Board and has full operations responsibility.
Vice President Operations
Our client, located in the Northeast, is a direct travel marketer with product lines including hotel cruise vacations, escorted tour and adventure travel itineraries. Heavy emphasis was placed on timely execution, attention to detail, and work force scheduling.
Qualities of a Great Operations Executive
With over 50 years of experience placing travel and tourism executives, we know what makes a great leader. Below are some of the qualities and experience we look for:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in specific operations disciplines
- The ability to meet or exceed targets through planning and time management
- Experience developing strategies that enhance revenue and control expense
- The ability to work with business partners to identify, develop, and implement solutions for improved performance
- Maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders- including owners, investors, managers, and employees
- The ability to pay tremendous attention to detail
- Proven track record of unyielding commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated track record of imagination, vision, innovation, and energy