Most Important Keywords for the Facilities & Concessions Industry
By our guest blogger, CareerTuners
Is your resume getting noticed? Recruiters and employers in the facilities & concessions industry rely heavily on Application Tracking System (ATS) software to analyze resumes and shortlist applicants. One critical way to optimize your resume for ATS is to add keywords.
Keywords are nouns or noun phrases that ATS algorithms “catch.” They help indicate to employers that the candidate has skills that match the job requirements. Common keywords include job titles, terms, tools, technologies, degrees, licenses, certifications, training, patents, publications, and locations.
There are two types of keywords. Hard keywords are those that can be quantified or that someone can take a test for, for example, the names of marketing analytics programs. They are the most important with respect to ranking in ATS. In contrast, soft keywords are abstract skills that are hard to test for, but are critical to succeeding at your job, e.g., strong interpersonal skills.
Below are some important keywords for facilities & concessions management positions, in bold.
Feel free to copy and paste these terms to your resume if they match your skill set.
However, merely mentioning these keywords in your resume is not enough. You must also write powerful accomplishments that highlight these skills. After each keyword are the most critical questions you should ask yourself before incorporating it into your resume:
Total Facilities Management (TFM)
- Facility & Building Management: What steps did you take to effectively manage day-to-day facility operations? Did you implement building management control software to streamline operations?
- Building & Preventative Maintenance: What challenges did you face while renovating old buildings?
- Support & Security Services: How did you use cameras and security equipment to improve facility security? Did you create an automated database to track work and support requests?
- Utilities Management: How did you reduce high costs caused by aging and high-maintenance infrastructure?
- IT & Communication Management: How did you improve IT-Business alignment? What new and cost-effective telecommunications systems did you introduce?
- Equipment Safety & Management: What challenges did you address while ensuring high-tech equipment safety? Did you create a training infrastructure to train your workforce on the latest technologies?
- Budget & P&L Management: What cost optimization initiatives did you lead?
- Staff Development: How did you train the staff to effectively execute the concession team business plan?
- Customer Relationship Management: What steps did you take to generate repeat business and provide world-class hospitality and customer service? How did you ensure fast service delivery?
- Inventory Management: What challenges did you face in maintaining and training the POS system and concession equipment? What steps did you take to ensure sanitation and food safety?
- Event Opening & Closing: Did you develop SOPs and guidelines for event opening and closing? How did you ensure strict adherence from team members and vendors? How did you keep track of all transactions?
- Operational Planning: How did you align staffing with volume forecasts? How did you optimize costs?
- Sales Management: What steps did you take to reach daily sales and assigned cost goals?
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: How did you improve relationships with clients, guests, subcontractors, and team members?
In addition to these, consider carefully going over the job listing you are interested in for keywords. Which ones are you familiar with? Weave these keywords into your resume.
By asking yourself these questions, you will be able to uncover accomplishments that highlight your strategic leadership skills. This will not only optimize your resume for ATS-compatibility but also set you apart from other applicants.
At CareerTuners, we help ambitious professionals land their dream jobs by providing professional, Applicant-Tracking-System-compatible resume writing services. Some of our other services include cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile development, interview coaching, and resume distribution. To check out our free resources and blog, please visit careertuners.com.
Bristol Associates, Inc. is an executive search firm with over 50 years of excellence in recruiting nationwide. Bristol specializes in recruiting for the Casino Gaming; Facilities and Concessions; Food and Beverage Manufacturing; Hospital and Healthcare; Hotels and Resorts; Nonprofit; Restaurant; and Travel, Tourism, and Attractions industries.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter here.